Instagram’s carousel feature enables the users to post multiple images and videos on their feed one can view by swiping or clicking next. It can post a total of ten images or videos at once as a post to be shared on your Instagram feed. The users find it quite complex to use Instagram’s carousel feature.
However, iOS users have been facing issues to use the feature. The company on addressing the same states that some of the users are experiencing trouble in accessing the select multiple images feature on the app due to a bug in the recent iOS update, and the Instagram team is on it for a solution.
The ones seeking to learn more about how to create an Instagram carousel can follow the steps below:
- Open your Instagram app on your iOS or Android device and go to Add post (+) icon.
- You get to see a selection of the images. Also, you can switch the source from gallery to photo to video, according to your choice.
- Tap one of the photos or videos you wish to add to your post and hold it until you see it numbered 1.
- The Android users get to do it easily with the Select Multiple icon. On tapping it the first photo or video in the selection gets selected and numbered 1. You can deselect the unnecessary photo or video and select other images or videos continuing to tap them until the number reaches 10. The iOS doesn’t have the Select Multiple icon therefore the iOS users need to press and hold the image or video to select.
- Tap on other images selecting and deselecting them as per your choice. You can also change the order of your selection by choosing the images and videos you want to re-order and then add them back in their accurate order.
- After having selected all the images or videos (can be 10 or fewer), tap the arrow on the top right-hand side corner of your screen.
- You can now proceed with other features such as filters (and covers in case of videos) and tap the arrow for your next move.
- On the next page, you get the options to add captions, tag people, add location, also post on Facebook, Twitter and Tumbler. Save all the necessary additions by tapping on the tick icon on the top right of the screen, and you are done with the posting.